If you like to score FREE fashion treasures and clear out unworn clothing cluttering your closet, this post is just for you.
Have you ever been to a clothing swap? I recently scored some great wardrobe additions when my sister-in-law gathered some stylish friends for a swap.
The change of season is a perfect time to do a clothing swap. While you are rotating your seasonal clothing items, simply pull out the ones that you just don't wear for one reason or another, and bag them up to pass along to another.
In case you’ve never done it, here’s a step-by-step;
- Create a group text or email to 5-10 ladies to find out their interest and availability for a clothing swap. If you have at least 5 interested, set a date that works and make it happen!
- Each person brings at least 1 bag of clothing, shoes and/or accessories they no longer use but are still in nice condition.
- As each one arrives, set out the clothing out and make sure there is a place to try on privately (as needed) with several mirrors available. At swaps I've been to, most of the trying on happens in the same room but this will depend on the modesty of the guests.
- While having hanging racks is nice, you can also spread the clothing around the room on furniture and tables. You can see how this was done in this posts picture (just one area of many spread around). It's like a treasure hunt!
- You can certainly get more organized about it, but keeping it low key and easy makes it more likely happen for those who don't have lot's of time to plan all the details. It depends on your personality and those coming.
- Next, uncork a bottle of wine and start shopping!
It’s fun, interactive and environmentally friendly--recycling instead of buying all new.
To make it extra special, you could even pitch in as a group to hire a Personal Stylist to attend in person or virtually to give input on fit and how to put outfits together.
Have you been to a swap before? Share your tips and tricks below! If not, it's a fun idea to consider to get free fashion and a less cluttered closet. Maybe it's time to plan a swap!
If you need help knowing exactly what works on you and what doesn't, watch my free Style Masterclass right here.